North Church Project Space

TIMA is developing its 1819 North Church building as a 4,000 square foot project space that serves as an extension of its artist residency, exhibition and workshop programs including performances, site-specific art installations, multi-media presentations, along with ground level working studio space. A plaque on the wall of the main space notes: “This repurposed space is in honor of Bob Tuckett, Sr. and Polly Mattis Tuckett whose selfless love of family and community is remembered.” A custom made Schlicker chamber organ (not a church organ), designed for solo and ensemble Renaissance and Baroque music and obtained from Brooklyn, New York, was recently installed in the rear addition of the building. The organ was originally built for an individual in New York City.

 

Comments are closed.