Within civic space in front of TIMA Headquarters’s Building, 43 Water Street, Bank Square, Eastport, Maine.
TIMA owns and maintains an 1889 cast iron water fountain, made by the J.L. Mott Ironworks Company of New York City, that serves as the centerpiece of the City of Eastport civic space in front of the TIMA’s main building in downtown Eastport, Maine. The fountain was originally installed in 1889 as its own separate feature in Bank Square in front of this same building. With the advent of the automobile in the early twentieth century, the fountain was relocated to Eastport’s Hillside Cemetery. There it remained until it was brought back to be placed very near its original location in 2006 as part of the new civic space. In 2015, the fountain was donated to TIMA by the then owners of the fountain, the local branch of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW). The local branch was disbanding and the branch felt TIMA was the best hope to preserve the fountain in the future. For a view of the original design plan of the fountain from TIMA’s collections, follow this link: 1889 Water Fountain Plan.