43 Water Street, Bank Square, Eastport, Muselenk (Moose Island), Maine.
Three-and-a-half story cornerstone downtown brick structure (in center of photograph) designed by Boston and Saint John, New Brunswick architect Henry N. Black. Originally built as the Eastport Savings Bank using New Brunswick made brick and Nova Scotia sandstone, the building was threatened with destruction and named to Maine’s Most Endangered Places in 1997.
TIMA acquired the building, its first, in 2002 and has been meticulously restoring the building. The building is part of a 30 building downtown Eastport, Muselenk (Moose Island), Maine National Register Historic District. The building now houses collections, exhibition space, and administrative offices. TIMA’s collections contain the original 1887 architectural plans for the building. The original cross section plan of the building can be see here: Cross Section Plan. TIMA also owns and maintains the 1889 cast iron water fountain that serves as the centerpiece of the small civic space developed in 2006 in front of the building. The fountain was made by the J.L. Mott Ironworks Company of New York City. See more about the fountain here: water fountain.