Leavitt Block - 109 Water

Leavitt Block
Leavitt Block
Leavitt Block
Leavitt Block
Leavitt Block (left)
Leavitt Block (left)
Leavitt Block in 1888
Leavitt Block in 1888
Leavitt Block
Leavitt Block
Leavitt Block
Leavitt Block
Leavitt Block (left), 2013. Photograph by Thaddeus Holownia. PHOTO#: Water-93-109_Eastport 2013026(72).jpg
Leavitt Block (left), 2013. Photograph by Thaddeus Holownia. PHOTO#: Water-93-109_Eastport 2013026(72).jpg
Built:1887
Address:
109 Water Street
Eastport, Maine

National Register

Historic District

Eastport Historic District

Architects

Architectural Styles

  • Italianate
EWT, 2010:
5) Leavitt Block (NR) 107, 109 Water St., 1887 Italianate. Gen. S.D. Leavitt was a noted insurance salesman, lawyer, wharf owner and the first mayor of Eastport. Shortly after Eastport was incorporated as a city in 1893, the city rooms operated from the upper floor of this block. On the first floor was F.A.B. Fields' jewelry and watch repair shop. J.A. Capen had a grocery store also on the first floor.


From National Register of Historic Places Eastport Historic District Nomination Form, p.4:

27. Leavitt Block, 1887. Henry Black, Architect. 107, 109 Water Street. Italianate, 2 stories, brick with wood and cast iron trim.

View full list of buildings