Knights of Pythias Building - 66 Water

Knights of Pythias Building
Knights of Pythias Building
Knights of Pythias Building (far right), 2013. Photograph by Thaddeus Holownia. PHOTO#:  Water-56-66_Eastport(July2013)028(72).jpg
Knights of Pythias Building (far right), 2013. Photograph by Thaddeus Holownia. PHOTO#: Water-56-66_Eastport(July2013)028(72).jpg
Built:1929
Address:
66 Water Street
Eastport, Maine

Historic District

Eastport Historic District

13) K of P Building (NR) 66 Water St., 1929. Leverett and Oscar B. Whalen had a dry goods store at this corner. The Knights of Pythias met on the third floor. The K of P was rebuilt after its 1928 fire and opened with J.J. Newberry\'s 5 and 10 store as a tenant on the ground floor.

From National Register of Historic Places Eastport Historic District Nomination Form, p.2:

6. Knights of Pythias Building, 1928-29 66 Water Street.
Vernacular, 3 stories, wood frame.

View full list of buildings