Lincoln House

Lincoln House.
Lincoln House.
Dennysville, Maine

National Register

SCA, p.42:
LINCOLN HOUSE

The Lincoln House, the earliest building now in existence in Dennysville, was built for Theodore Lincoln who came from Hingham, Massachusetts, in 1786. Although the ell section was built in 1787, the main house was erected by Josiah and James Chubbock of Hingham in the 1790s. This two-and-one half story wooden clapboarded structure has a large central chimney, frame construction, five bayed front, and a doorway crowned with a triangular pediment. The first story windows have entablatured lintels. The Lincoln House, always well-known for its hospitality, is presently operated as a country inn. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Plaices. R WH

View full list of buildings