Hamlin Hall

Hamlin Hall (left)
Hamlin Hall (left)
Hamlin Hall
Hamlin Hall
Hamlin Hall
Hamlin Hall
Hamlin Hall
Hamlin Hall
Hamlin Hall
Hamlin Hall
Hamlin Hall
Hamlin Hall
Built:1857
Address:
Church Hill Road
Columbia Falls, Maine

SCA, p.85:

HAMLIN HALL. In 1857 the Town of Columbia had a new schoolhouse and public hall. It was financed by a private group, and the first floor was always used as a schoolroom. This two story Greek Revival structure was named after Elijah Hamlin, an attorney who formerly resided in Columbia and was the brother of Hannibal Hamlin, the first Vice-President under Abraham Lincoln. The front of the hall has three doorways originally flan.Ked by comer pilasters. The building has a well defined pediment with circular windows, and the gable roof was once capped with a square tower with distinctive quoins. The Knights ofPythias purchased Hamlin Hall and are the present owners of the building. The structure has fallen into disrepair. AFN

View full list of buildings