John Kilby House

John Kilby House
John Kilby House
Built:1843
Dennysville, Maine

Historic District

Dennysville Historic District

SCA, p.43:

JOHN KILBY HOUSE. John Kilby, son of early settler William Kilby, built his home on Smoke House Hill overlooking Dennys River. The first small structure, built in 1818, also served as a store for a time. The second larger section was added in 1822 and the two-and-one-half story main house was erected in 1843. The wooden house has a gable roof, two chimneys, and an entabulated doorway framed by sidelights and pilasters. RWH

NRHP, Dennysville Historic District: 9. Deacon John Ki1by House, 1843

Greek Revival, two and one-half stories, frame with clapboard exterior.

View full list of buildings